April 5, 2010

More Projects!

Yes it's another post of home projects! I'm trying to get lots done now since my husband will be busy working on our basement for the next six to twelve months!  I'm hoping the basement might be finished by winter....but we will see how it goes!

First up...more chalkboard paint!  We wanted to use a wall space that was on the tile flooring to make chalk dust clean-up a little easier.  We moved out the cabinet that holds all the art supplies, preschool papers, etc. from the dining area.  Eventually it will find a home in the basement but for now it's in Tate's room.  We painted two coats of chalkboard paint on the wall and put up some trim around one edge and the ceiling.  The boys LOVE it!  It's so much fun....even with the chalk dust!  I think it will be great for lots of photo opportunities too :)

Before: 



After:




 Next up...bar stools!  I wanted some smaller stools that took up less room in this space.  I didn't take a before picture but they are just standard light wood stools from Wal-Mart.  We primed and painted them white and used vinyl letters C and M that I had left over from another project!




Satisfied customers!  Max told me he didn't think he would like them since they don't have a back on them.  For the record...it's been four days and he's only fallen off once!

I'm linking up to DIY Day at A Soft Place to Land.  Check out the amazing projects over there!  I could spend an entire day looking at everyone's creativity!

Happy Monday and hope you all had a blessed Easter!

3 comments:

  1. OH I wish I was daring enough to do a chalkboard wall! I did my first chalkboard project recently here:

    http://themagicbrushinc.blogspot.com/2010/03/my-first-chalkboard-project.html

    I love it! I just need to get braver and do a wall!

    Stop by my painting blog and say hello sometime! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! Your projects turned out AWESOME! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo! I have chalkboard paint to use in my basement....hummmm...maybe the new house (if we get ours sold) will have to have a wall like this! Drew would LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete