January 16, 2012

painted drop cloth curtain project


i love pinterest!
we just finished a big pinterest-inspired home project.


i love the final result!


but it did take a lot of time and space to get it done!


i had been looking for new curtains for our tall living room windows
but couldn't afford the fabric for anything i found that i liked.


enter pinterest.
i found several tutorials for painted drop cloth curtains!
initially i was going to do chevron,
but the more we thought about the process and how many zig zags that would be,
we opted for simple wide cabana stripes.


we bought the huge 9' x 12' canvases and matte black magic paint from sherwin williams.


and here are the before and afters!



i also added the new chevron pillows...such happy colors!


here are a couple of inspiration photos and tutorials i used:



if you haven't become addicted to joined pinterest yet...you really should!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! I've PURPOSELY stayed away from Pinterest for awhile . . . oh boy, I'll get back there soon I'm sure!!!

    ReplyDelete